Exim with Mailscanner and retry problem

Brent Addis brent.addis at pronet.co.nz
Fri Oct 13 10:51:45 IST 2006

-q10m means try the queue again every 10 minutes. It doesn't mean resend
the message every 10 minutes.

Check the contents of /etc/exim4/conf.d/retry/30_exim4-config (assuming
you have exim4)

It probably has a default of:

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

Which specifies retries every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then increasing
retry intervals. Try setting the first retry number down to 10.