Preferred MTA?

Daniel Maher daniel.maher at ubisoft.com
Thu Oct 12 20:49:38 IST 2006

For my money, qmail is the way to go.  That said, MailScanner doesn't officially support qmail, so even though it's arguably the best MTA out there right now, you'll likely have to pass it by if you want to continue leveraging MailScanner as a platform.

One might be able to infer from my previous statement that I'm somewhat anti-sendmail.  I don't deny it. :)  What I will say, however, is that one of the advantages that sendmail /does/ have over qmail is that there is an absolute tonne of 3rd party add-ons, support modules, and so forth out there for it.

This, in fact, is why lean towards Postfix for MailScanner-enabled environments.  Postfix balances the extensibility of sendmail with the ease of use of qmail, and even manages to be popular enough to have a good support base (though some might tell you that the lead developer can be a bit of a cranky-pants at times ;) ).

Anyhoo, that's just my 2 cents...

> --
>    _
>   °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste
>  /(_)\  Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.
>   ^ ^   T: 819.821.8000x62252 F: 819.821.8045

p.s. c't'un jolie 'tit pingouin dans ton .sig, la. ;)

--
  _
 °v°  Daniel Maher

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.