idea for next version

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Tue Oct 10 22:20:13 IST 2006

At 01:49 PM 10/10/2006, you wrote:
>Well, I am happily using mailscanner for a while now and it still works great.
>
>So I was checking mailwatch this evening and I found out that the
>spam / ham percentage is 60% / 40% at daytime and 95% / 5% at night.
>This is quiet logical because at daytime everybody is working and at
>night (well here in europe) only spammers are working. This can be
>used for the spamfiltering. I think if it is possible to f.e. do,
>"spamscore * 1.2" between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am, it will hit more
>highscoring spam at night. Offcourse it will also hit ham, but as
>there is much less ham at night the possibility is less. Then, most
>off the overnight ham is mailinglist which are often whitelisted.

Day / night where? My timezone? Your timezone? Sending domain timezone?

Even in the same country, this can be an issue - here in California
at 10 PM at night, it's 1 AM east coast time. Likewise, at 6 AM on
the east coast, it's 3 AM here.

Then the problem is what about delays just because of whatever? Say
someone tries to e-mail me at 5 PM, but my server is down. So their
mail server tries again at 2 AM. Should that message be given a
higher score because it came in at 2 AM?

Just some points to ponder....

Evan