spam forwarding not working

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 11:47:22 IST 2006

On 10/10/06, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/06, Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi guys,

(snip)
> > I have also tried local delivery by putting the forward address as
> > 'spam at servername' - am I hitting problems because spam is being resubmitted
> > to MailScanner before being forwarded, but even then why a 'user unknown'
> > message?
(snip)
> Virtual aliases are expanded _after_ MailScanner, so you cannot use a
> virtual alias in a rule like that (for addressing).
> Simply change it to the real address and things should work out OK:-).
(still a PF user....:)

Just thought I'd add that you are probably not whitelisting local
deliveries (release from quarantine etc type of thing, that one might
need if using SMTP to release messages), and that is why your messages
get rescanned.
Either whitelist 127.0.0.1 or do something more clever... (there is
some "clever" writings of mine tangenting the subject in the wiki...
split mails per recipient in the howto;-).

--
-- Glenn