File Type Checking - Excepting users to the rules

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:02:53 IST 2006

On 10/10/06, Jon Bates <jon.bates at summitmotors.com.au> wrote:

> I've got filtering in place to quarantine emails with attachments of
> specific types (eg. videos). I need a list of users to be allowed as
> exceptions to these rules.
> _______________________________
>
> I've tried adding this to the top of the filename.rules.conf:
>
> "FromOrTo:    user at domain.com     allow"
>
> ...but i'm getting syntax errors when starting MailScanner.

You can't mix rulesets into the filename rules.

Copy your filename.rules.conf into another file (e.g.
filename.rules.video.conf) and edit the video settings in the copy.
Make a ruleset pointing to the copy for some users and the original
file for default (all others).

FromOrTo: user at domain.com %rules-dir%/filename.rules.video.conf
FromOrTo: default %rules-dir%/filename.rules.conf

--
/peter