OT: ICANN ordered by Illinois court to suspend spamhaus.org

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Mon Oct 9 22:56:34 IST 2006

Green, Rodney wrote:
> http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/662
>
> I haven't seen this mentioned here on the MS list. If this were to
> happen, how much of an effect do you think it will have on us anti-spam
> people using MS/SpamAssassin?

I've seen a message on another list from Spamhaus saying that should
ICANN suspend their .org domain they will be able to quickly put up the
SBL+XBL using their .org.uk domain instead.

As an aside -- for those of us with servers in the UK who would like to
help out in this case can do the following (this was written by Steve
Linford of Spamhaus on another list):

---
The best help would be to dig in your spam archive for samples of spam
with the text string "Box 1132" and "60035". If any of these were sent
to users in the UK (many were but we need hard copies) then we have a
much stronger position.
---

Kind regards,
Steve.