OT: ICANN ordered by Illinois court to suspend spamhaus.org

Ed Bruce edwardbruce at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 9 21:13:05 IST 2006

Ken A wrote:

> Note this is not a signed order, just a 'proposed' order prepared BY
> the spammer's lawyer for the judge to sign, which probably won't
> happen. This is just FUD that spammers like to get the media to
> spread. spamhaus.org isn't going anywhere. Some district court judge
> in some farm field in Illinois can't order ICANN or Tucows (in Canada)
> to do anything.
The standard disclaimer about not being a lawyer, but this is a proposed
order to be issued from a US District Court. I'm fairly sure this court
can order ICANN to comply. Also Tucows is publically traded on the
American Stock Exchange (AMEX:TCX), so I'm guessing a federal court has
some clout. Further they have offices in Starkville, Mississippi. So I'm
guessing somebody better act to get this resolved more in our favor then
the Spammer's.