OT reassemble df qf pair

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 9 14:32:07 IST 2006

Script attached, just wrote it for you.

Usage: RawSendmailToCompleteMessage qf-name df-name
   Or: RawSendmailToCompleteMessage df-name qf-name
   Or: RawSendmailToCompleteMessage message-queue-id

So basically just chuck it any bits of filenames you have to hand, it
will work out what you meant.

It outputs the RFC-822 message on standard output, which you will
probably want to redirect to a file.
Example:

RawSendmailToCompleteMessage g4DDWlR20454 > message.txt
which will process qfg4DDWIR20454 and dfg4DDWIR20454 and put the
formatted message into "message.txt".

or

RawSendmailToCompleteMessage  *00368 | less
which will process the message whose filenames end in 00368 and show you
the result with "less".

So hopefully it is as easy to drive as possible.

Script should be attached to this message, gzipped (because that stops
anything trying to put a signature on the end of the script by mistake.
These damn email systems.... :-)

It has taken me an hour to get right for you, so a reasonable
contribution from my Amazon wish list would be much appreciated! (Or
just cash in Paypal would be fine too :-)

Regards,
Jules.

Mark Nienberg wrote:
> René Berber wrote:
>> Mark Nienberg wrote:
>>
>>> Every once in a while, in order to troubleshoot a particular delivery
>>> problem, it would be nice if I could reassemble a sendmail (qf df) pair
>>> into the original message.  If someone could tell me how to do that, I
>>> would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>> In MailScanner's bin directory there is a utility called df2mbox, it
>> may be what you are looking for.
>
> I don't think that is quite the ticket.  The resulting headers are
> incomplete, not the same as the original message.
> Thanks for the suggestion though.
> Mark

Jules

--