Debian Sarge, MailScanner, Exim, Spamassassin

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Mon Oct 9 10:21:07 IST 2006

Dawson, Alan wrote:
> Hi,  I'm in the process of setting up a MailScanning gateway using Debian Sarge, MailScanner, Exim, ClamAV and Spamassassin.
>
> Exim runs as user Debian-exim  and group Debian-exim so I altered the Run As Group and Run as User to those also.
>
> Should I alter the
>
> SpamAssassin User State Dir =
> To be /home/Debian-exim/ ( or similar writeable location by Debian-exim )so that SpamAssassin can place its bayesian and auto whitelist stuff etc somewhere ?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Alan Dawson

Alan

in a word yes, also make sure you're running eximv4 and not the default
V3 (you'll need to find this in the testing repository I think). There's
an entire debian-exim maillist that you might to get onto in order to
help you get the eximv4 working before you pop anything else into the mix.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.