Config for Out of Office in Outlook

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Oct 5 17:14:12 IST 2006

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:

> That was me.  I should have re-read it, I left out a click or two.  So
> the out of office check box will still allow internal out of office
> auto replies?

Correct.  Remember, this is just dealing with the SMTP side of things
(internet messaging) so you aren't affecting non-SMTP mail.  Within it's
only little universe, Exchange follows it's own set of rules - it's just
when the message leaves the box that the rules change.

Note in my previous message that I had multiple 'formats' though.  A
couple of them talk to other Exchange servers, but they're outside our
forest/domain but still w/in the CBJ umbrella so I communicate via SMTP
with them.  I explicitly didn't disable out of office on them, as I want
them to receive the notices.  It's just in the internet 'format' that I
wanted to squelch them.

I could complain that Microsoft should have turned off internet
explicitly turn them on for internal messages. <g>

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500