Config for Out of Office in Outlook

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Wed Oct 4 23:03:39 IST 2006

Peter Russell wrote:
> Have a look at using Outlook rules.
>
> Michael St. Laurent wrote:
>> This is not directly related to MailScanner but I'm hoping someone on
>> the list can point me in the right direction.
>>

>> We have folks here who use Outlook's Out of Office Assistant and who
>> wish to ensure that no automatic replies are sent to mailing lists.
>> The mail server is running Exchange 2003.  Do I need to change any
>> settings or modify the registry to accomplish this?

No, you want it set in Exchange System Manager.  I forget where and am
just leaving (all the fun I can handle for the day!), but google for it.
If you can't find it holler and I'll dig deeper tomorrow.

Somewhere in System manager is where you can set up a number of things
that outta be changed, such as turn off RTF format to the internet, turn
off Out of Office notifications to the internet, etc.

I can set my Out of Office in Outlook, and it works fine internally, but
they never leave our system.  But it's a server side setting because you
don't want to rely on your users to remember (or have to even agree) to
turn it off in the client...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500