Logwatch Update

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Oct 4 17:21:59 IST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken A" <ka at pacific.net>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: Logwatch Update

> Steve Campbell wrote:
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Weaver" <ryanw at falsehope.com>

I'm not sure if this is the cron variable you're speaking of or not, but I
don't understand where you are suggesting the line should be inserted. This
job is run from cron.daily on a RH system, using a Perl script that sets a
lot of variables within that script. There is a line to change the logwatch
variable "mailto", but that doesn't seem to work. The script runs through
all of the 4 default directories to set variables as described in the man
page.

The big problem is that when I set the mailto variable in the script using
myname at mydomain.com, it indicates a bad variable due to the "@". I tried
using another form, along with a Perl string, and that doesn't work either.
I think I'll try the /etc/logwatch/conf files and see where I go with that.

Thanks, though

Steve