Mailscanner/Spam Assassin supportforMicrosoftIMF/SCLSpamscoring?

Christian Rasmussen christian at columbiafuels.com
Wed Oct 4 16:54:03 IST 2006

Strange, I tried to send to the list yesterday and it just went *poof*
for some reason.

Here's my experience with IMF/SCL and MailScanner:

I've been using the exchange features to assign a SCL score to any
message that has the tag added by the mailscanner server.
You can set it up so that all of those tagged messages go automatically
to the exchange user's junk email folder. I haven't had any complaints
about it and it allows for easier cleanup of those messages later.

If anyone is interested, check out the following page
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Intelligent-Message-Filter-version-2
-IMF-v2.html

Once you have it enabled, just create a rule in your
MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml with something similar to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<CustomWeightEntries
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2005/CustomWeight">
<CustomWeightEntry Type="SUBJECT" Change="8" Text="*****JUNK
MAIL*****"/> </CustomWeightEntries>

To tag it with any score you've set above your junk level (in the above
example 8)

Cheers,

-Christian