symantec scan engine

Jeff Meyer jeffm at andersonlabs.com
Tue Oct 3 21:27:53 IST 2006

I noticed that MailScanner has support for Symantec Scan Engine, but it
doesn't appear to be working correctly.

First, had to make a change to the symscanengine-wrapper:
changed:
prog=savsecls/savsecls
to:
prog=ssecls/ssecls

Then when testing the wrapper:
/usr/lib/MailScanner/symscanengine-wrapper /opt/SYMScan /temp
eveything works, even tried on eicar test file and it found it.

However, when running it with MailScanner, nothing appears to be getting
logged when testing with eicar files.  McAfee, Bitdefender and ClamAV
all log there results, but symantec doesn't.  I would like to see when
symantec does catch something and when it doesn't.

What do I need to do to change this.

Jeff