"Friends Only"

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue Oct 3 20:00:35 IST 2006

Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Matt Kettler wrote:
>> That's perfectly reasonable.. But it's not what you asked for. You
>> asked for
>> geographic location based blacklisting.
>
> Well I do block all email from china and korea. But then it's my PC.

True, I was merely pointing out that checking the SOA for a URL, and determining
what country that URL was DNS hosted from would likely cause more FPs than you
think.

Website and DNS hosting are a very commonly outsourced thing. Not all of that
hosting ends up in the same country as the company that owns the domain.