"Friends Only"

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Oct 2 22:54:09 IST 2006

Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Martin Hepworth wrote:
>> Besides milter-sender there's also milter-ahead which checks the 'to'
>> address existing on your system (if you're not using sendmail see the
>> mailScanner wiki for your MTA on how to do this). Again using this
>> technique you can drop over 66% of inbound traffic...
>
> Is there any milter which checks the SOA of URLs in the message body and
> drops them if the SOA is in china (or pakistan, or wherever)?
>
> -Dan

Not that I know of.

That and you'd probably have a lot more false positives here than you expect.

With the amount of "farming out" of basic web-presence services, where the
website's DNS hosting lives really has very little to do with where the company
that owns it is.

I mean, if I get re-routed to India when I call a US-based company for tech
support, why should I expect to have a US-based DNS server for their website?