bayes problem {Scanned}

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Mon Oct 2 13:32:52 IST 2006

On Mon, October 2, 2006 13:17, Henry Hollenberg wrote:
> Glenn Steen wrote:
>> Henry, I see you are using root here... (the telltale # prompt:)...
>> Can the postfix user find/read the bayes DB? Become your PF user and
>> redo that;-)...
>> su - postfix -s /bin/bash
>> sa-learn ...... whatever....
>>

> Ok, changed the permissions on /root/.spamassassin to postfix:postfix but
> still seem to be getting some errors.  Don't see where to change the
> expected location of the bayes db in the config files.....got
> to get to work....I'll look around some more tonight!
>
> hgh.

> debug: using "/var/spool/postfix/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs
> file

OK this is your clue ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In fact that's wrong also as you will have a good chance that Postfix will
moan about non queue files in it's home directory if you are not careful.

Check out the bottom of MailScanner.conf where there is an 'advanced
option' for the location of the Bayes database
(/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin from memory). Make sure you set it
and give it postfix:postfix permissions. That is where you need to put
your starter database/ trained database, again with the right permissions.

At the same time, you will want to watch our for Razor files too. There
was a thread over the last couple of months giving the file settings to
tell Razor where to put it's home directory.

All this is only because in your passwd file the user postfix has a home
directory of /var/spool/postfix and that's where MailScanner will try to
put things (Because it's running as the postfix user).

HTH

Drew