Daily Spam report

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 14:47:29 IST 2006

On 01/10/06, Cornelius Koelbel <cornelius.koelbel at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Glenn,
>
> thanks for your reply. So I see that Mailscanner does not support this
> by itself.
No, that is true.... Then again, there are a lot of things that
MailScanner doesn't do *by itself*;-).

> I saw mailwatch, but did not like to use mysql and php, which is needed
> by mailwatch.
Ok. You lose out on a pretty impressive tool, but that is entirely
your prerogative:-)

> So I will look around at fortress systems or start my mysqld :(
You needn't look that far... It is the QuarantineReport script (a
tarball linked as the final link in the first section
(MailScanner...)). This excerpt is from the INSTALL file:
------
uarantineReport is:
QuarantineReport is a small application that's intended to:

* Create a daily report for each user who has messages in MailScanner
  quarantine
* Create a web link to view the message in Quarantine
* Provide a link to allow the user to release the message in Quarantine
* Email the report to the user

The report will contain this information for each message in Quarantine:

	From: address_of_sender
	Subject: subject_of message
	Link_to_View
	Link_to_Release

The application can aslo verify that recipient is a valid user by checking
a file or performing an LDAP search.
-----

If you run Sendmail or Exim, this seems to be viable for what you want
to do. If not (Postfix, Zmail, Qmail...) you'll probably need go with
MailWatch, or... hack it up to fit your MTA.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn