Allow and block filenames on same domain

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Nov 30 16:17:19 GMT 2006

Corne Kotze a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Maybe my question was bit vague.
> I should have said it like this:
> I have just under 500 email accounts on my system(mail server), all on
> one domain, and all incoming emails are being scanned by MailScanner.
> My Question:
> How can I allow certain file attachments in emails sent to 40 of the
> email accounts on the domain through, and then still block those
> attachments for all the other email accounts on that same domain?
>
> Example:
> pete at work.com is a director
> joe at work.com is a clerk
>
> Now a "movie.avi" is sent to both, pete at work.com should receive the file
> BUT
> That file must be blocked for joe at work.com

You will have to configure your MTA to split messages addressed to
multiple addresses into separate messages.  After that you will be able
to configure MS to act differently for your users.

Look in the wiki or the MAQ for that information.  I'm pretty sure it's
there.

Denis

--
   _