Possibly stoopid feature request

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Nov 30 14:34:44 GMT 2006

Brent Addis wrote:
> What about the archive feature then?

Thought about it but we don't want to have 4gb of mail to keep and sort
through each day. A separate quarantine of just learned mail would be
easier to manage.

There is also the thought that keeping a copy of learned mail for spam
purposes could be justified if a recipient is subscribed to the spam
filtering tool. Keeping all mail might not justified/legal, we don't know.

We have lawyers to tell us should we decide to ask, please let's not
start a thread on legalities of mail archives ;^)

DAve

> DAve wrote:
>> Brent Addis wrote:
>>> Configure mailscanner to store everything for x days, and use
>>> mailwatch to unlearn/learn ?

>> Thought about it, but we keep all spam in quarantine and send a report
>> each day to users. Keeping non spam in quarantine would just confuse
>> them more than asking for a copy of the learned message with headers
>> intact.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> --
>
> *Brent Addis | *Technical Account Manager|  Ph: + 64 9 827 9298\
>  Mobile: + 64 21 723 612|  Email: Brent.Addis at pronet.co.nz|
> <mailto:Brent.Addis at pronet.co.nz>
>
> *PRONET Internet NZ Ltd* |Secure Network and Systems Infrastructure
> Solutions|
>
> Tel: + 64 9 827 9298 (0800 482 871) |Fax: + 64 9 827
> 9291 |www.pronet.co.nz <http://www.pronet.co.nz/>| Level 2, 2a McWhirter
> Place, New Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand|  PO Box 15352, New Lynn,
> Auckland, New Zealand |
>
> Please Note: This electronic mail message may contain information that
> is confidential, proprietary or the subject of legal privilege. If the
> reader of this message is not the intended recipient you must delete
> this e-mail. Any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
> this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
> please notify the sender immediately. Thank you. PRONET Internet NZ Ltd.

Veterans?