corrupt messages when using Postfix with milter

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 08:20:39 GMT 2006

On 30/11/06, Nerijus Baliunas <nerijus at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using milter-greylist 3.0 with postfix 2.3.3. main.cf:
>
> milter_default_action = accept
> milter_connect_macros = j {client_addr}
> milter_protocol = 3
> smtpd_milters = unix:/var/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock
>
> But there is one problem. New line and "              0" are added at the end
> of every message, and a number (pid?) is added after all the headers,
> but before MailScanner added ones:

> I asked in postfix list, Wietse said:
> Are you by any chance using a content filter? Mailscanner will
> surely screw up the queue file if Miltering is enabled.
>
> And right, if I disable MailScanner, messages are OK.
>
> Regards,
> Nerijus
Try capturing a queue file _before_ MailScanner gets at it (just start
postfix but not MailScanner, pass a message in, copy the queue
file...) and send it, together with as much detail as you can give,
directly to Jules (it's OK to CC the list, but he's the one that needs
see what can be the problem, and fix it). He's a tad busy at the
moment, but ... with that he should be able to decipher what gois bad.

Is it every message, every time, or is it intermittent?

--
-- Glenn