New Milter coming

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Tue Nov 28 20:26:09 GMT 2006

I don't use postfix and I have not looked at their interface so
probably not. I will do some looking around for their interface
information and see what it would take to make it work there.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:14:01 -0500
  Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
>On Tuesday November 28, 2006 at 02:39:24 (PM) Dennis Willson wrote:
>
>> I have been writing a milter I call milter-spamtrap. It allows an
>> active sendmail server to also be a spamtrap or honeypot.
>>
>> You can have email addresses within a domain that is actually used
>>for
>> real users or dedicate entire domains or any combination of both as
>> your honeypots.
>>
>> Upon receiving an email for an email address defined as a
>> honeypot/SpamTrap, the milter will log the IP address and optionally
>> the headers and/or body of the email in either a text file or to a
>> MySQL database or both. It can cache in memory the IP addresses of
>> offending servers and from then on block them upon connection.
>>
>> A future enhancement will be to scan the database via a cron job and
>> create a DNSBL zone file for publishing a blacklist. The saved
>> headers/body can be used as evidence as to why a server was
>> blacklisted. Many, many configurable options including Whitelisting
>> via CIDR block so some servers will never be listed as an offending
>> server if you want.
>>
>> I believe I will have it ready for Beta (although I am testing/using
>> it myself right now) sometime next week. I'm 'pre-announceing' so
>>that
>> if there is any interest I will package it for others to use and
>>make
>> it available and I need to do additional documenation if others are
>> going to use it. If there's no interest I will just use it myself.
>

>Will this milter be compatible with Postfix. I presently have the
>development version -- 2.4 -- installed. I know that clamav-milter
>does
>not work correctly which is one of the reasons I abandoned it.
>

>--
>Gerard

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"