Orphan files in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Nov 24 22:00:02 GMT 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Plant, Dean wrote:

> Martin Hepworth wrote:
>> Plant, Dean wrote:
>>> I am curious if the orphan files that I have to clear out of
>>> /var/spool/mqueue.in every so often is something that other people
>>> experience or do I have a problem that should be investigated
>>> further. These files build up at the rate of about 3-4 a day on each
>>> server which deal with about 30,000 messages a day, I have the lock
>>> type set to posix and I am using the standard sendmail 8.13 rpm's
>>> from CentOS 4 with MailScanner v4.52.2
>>>

>> make sure you have "Lock Type = posix" in MailScanner.conf
>>

> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I do have posix set, that is why im curious to find out if this occurs
> on other peoples servers or is just a problem with my servers, as
> CentOS/RHEL seems to be in widespread use with MailScanner.
>
> # grep "Lock Type" /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
> Lock Type = posix

IIRC, there was an issue with a version of MailScanner not handing that
correctly, it was an old version, as you are using an old version maybe
it's worth your while to update MailScanner and see if the problem goes
away.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd