Orphan files in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Hakan VELIOGLU veliogluh at itu.edu.tr
Fri Nov 24 18:01:39 GMT 2006

Hi

I got the same problem and also doing the same clear operation for
twice a day.

I think the reason of orphan files is spam bombers. Spam servers sending mail
without waiting a response from mail servers. For this reason, their df file
could be corrupt, so they couldn't be processed by MailScanner.

You could use sendmail greet_pause feature to stop spam bombers. However, this
feature comes with sendmail 8.13 not with 8.12

Hakan VELİOĞLU

----- Message from martinh at solidstatelogic.com ---------