log is flotting with messages

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Nov 23 21:54:42 GMT 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 23/11/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
> (snip)
>>
>> Maybe I should do what all the postmix trolls always do and suggest he
>> uses pos... sendmail ;)
>>
> Lucky for me that I'm not a troll then:-):-)

hahahaha just as well :)

> Of course he could switch to any ol' MTA, even rendmail... But that

glad you didnt suggest that pretend thing starting with q  :P

> would only cover up the underlying problem... Which seems to be when
> nss is configured to use ldap for shadow, and seemingly getting
> "cucumber" (or less:-) as response, then exrement hitting cooling
> devices... Which could feasibly pop up as a problem in anything not
> running as root... So trying to fix it, or work around it seems like a
> better solution:-).

But you can only bang your heaed agaisnt teh wall for so long before you
use alternatives hehe

> Cheers to you too (<tips a dram of liquid gold (both in colour and
> cost!) in your general direction>)

Bugger! its only almost 8am here, GRR.. I know! i'll remark this unread
and re read it tonight :D

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd