log is flotting with messages

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 09:26:49 GMT 2006

On 22/11/06, redhat at techspace.nl <redhat at techspace.nl> wrote:
> Quoting Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>:
>
> > On 21/11/06, redhadjasper <redhat at techspace.nl> wrote:
> > (snip)
> >> yes  done al that  home/postfix/.spamassasin   owner postfix
> >> and the config files readable to everyone.
> >>
> >> cant i run spamassasin as root in mailscanner?
> >>

> > Nope. Since you run postfix, MailScanner needs run as that user... And
> > MailScanner loads the spamassassin perl modules into itself, more or
> > less, so spamassassin will be run as that user.
> >
> > Something is slightly strange here, so ... I need to think... Could
> > you tell a bit more about your SA setup? Is it via RPM or Jules
> > install-Clam-SA package?
> >

> I have tried both no difrent in behavoure same problems the rest made
> not mutch changes.
> exept to run with postfix.
>
> tried to run mailscanner as user and group root no diverance.
>
> waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
> close to give up.
> greets.

I totally understand your frustration... And I might have some good
news to you... I found these on gmande (for debian, but they seem to
apply to this problem)... Try the workaround Andre suggests, hopefully
you'll be back in business:-).
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/99162/match=bug+309983
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/119087/match=bug+309983

If this is something you can live with, then ... great:-)

--
-- Glenn