SA Updated - W/L mail scored

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Nov 22 19:43:37 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 1:44 pm, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> > Hello to all.
> >
> > Apologies, as I posted something along these lines a few days ago, with
> > no response:
> >
> > I recently updated spamassassin to version 3.1.7 from the last stock
> > version (3.0.4) on a CentOS 3.8 box running sendmail-8.12.11-4.RHEL3.6
> > and the latest versions of MS and MailWatch.  After the SA update, all of
> > my whitelisted mail is being scored,  Mail from my domain is also
> > scanned, although supposedly whitelisted.  Additionally, MCP is now being
> > scored (it's enabled), even though my mcp .cf file has no real rules in
> > it.
> >
> > Some (I thinK) relevant file snippets:
>
> There's one that's relevant that's missing. Do you have:
> Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes
>
> If so, there's your answer. AFAIK MS takes that seriously. It will *ALWAYS*
> include the SA report, even for whitelisted mail.
> --

Matt,

It appears you're right about that.  My humble thanks.  I had that directive
set to yes as per MailWatch installation instructions; it's been like that
for quite a while.  OK, that takes care of whitelisted addresses being
scored.  But, it's curious to me why mcp is still scored with
spamassassin-type rules, as in:

MCP Report:
	Score	Matching Rule		Description
	2.71		RCVD_IN_SBL

As I described in my original post, the mcp directives in MailScanner.conf are
stock, except for bumping up the scores so as not to get an fp.  Shouldn't
mcp be looking only in its .cf files?

Dimitri

believed to be clean.