SA Updated - W/L mail scored

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Nov 22 13:41:50 GMT 2006

Hello to all.

Apologies, as I posted something along these lines a few days ago, with no
response:

I recently updated spamassassin to version 3.1.7 from the last stock version
(3.0.4) on a CentOS 3.8 box running sendmail-8.12.11-4.RHEL3.6 and the latest
versions of MS and MailWatch.  After the SA update, all of my whitelisted
mail is being scored,  Mail from my domain is also scanned, although
supposedly whitelisted.  Additionally, MCP is now being scored (it's
enabled), even though my mcp .cf file has no real rules in it.

Some (I thinK) relevant file snippets:

From MailScanner.conf -

Is Definitely Not Spam = &SQLWhitelist
Is Definitely Not Spam = &SQLWhitelist

MCP Required SpamAssassin Score = 6  <-- I intentionally set this high so as
not to trip MCP
MCP High SpamAssassin Score = 10
MCP Error Score = 1

MCP Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-MCPCheck:
Non MCP Actions = deliver store
MCP Actions = deliver store
High Scoring MCP Actions = deliver store
Bounce MCP As Attachment = no

MCP Modify Subject = yes
MCP Subject Text = {MCP?}
High Scoring MCP Modify Subject = yes
High Scoring MCP Subject Text = {MCP?}

Is Definitely MCP = no
Is Definitely Not MCP = no
Definite MCP Is High Scoring = no
Always Include MCP Report = no
Detailed MCP Report = yes
Include Scores In MCP Report = yes
Log MCP = no

MCP Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
MCP Max SpamAssassin Size = 100000
MCP SpamAssassin Timeout = 10

MCP SpamAssassin Prefs File = %mcp-dir%/mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf
MCP SpamAssassin User State Dir =
MCP SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
MCP SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
MCP SpamAssassin Install Prefix = %mcp-dir%
Recipient MCP Report = %report-dir%/recipient.mcp.report.txt
Sender MCP Report = %report-dir%/sender.mcp.report.txt