Mail gets tagged as spam but passes through anyways.

Amir Sela amirse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:32:05 GMT 2006

Hi,
My MailScanner.conf file contains:
Required SpamAssassin Score = 6

I'm receiving mails that seem to have their spam score at 7:

Back when I installed the server a while ago, I decided to filter the spam with
a procmail rule as such:
:0:

I assumed that whenever MailScanner encounters a mail with a spam
score of anything
over the above mentioned  value, it will add the SpamCheck: spam line.
This mail that
passed through didn't get that line added to its headers, and I'm at a
loss as to why..
Of course, I could simply set the procmail rule to filter based on
s's, but I'm still wondering
why MailScanner lets this mail pass without appending the proper line
into the header, which
would make my procmail rule work. I should mention that some mails DO
get that line appended. The reason this baffles me is that I can't
seem to see a pattern here. Some times it gets appended, the others it
doesn't. What am I missing here? I'm sort of a MailScanner
newbie, so please bare with me ;)

Thanks a lot,

 -Amir