OT: MailScanner & Zimbra

uxbod uxbod at splatnix.net
Wed Nov 22 08:13:38 GMT 2006

Hmmm, interesting as I have been running both Postfix and MailScanner on the same box for a year and even on a single server where I work without any problems.  The only difference to other installations is that I use two instances of Postfix, the first handles all the standard checks HELO etc and performs LDAP lookups; if this is passed then the emails are handed over the to the second instance where MailScanner will perform its checks.

I would imagine that a Zimbra installation may need three instances of Postfix running FrontEnd->MailScanner->Zimbra.  I will probably start on this at the weekend so will let you know how it goes.  Have some interesting ideas to try out with the Ajax client especially for using information from MailScanner for White and Grey listing.

Regards,

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.