Spam inside images

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Tue Nov 21 15:46:12 GMT 2006

First, get yourself up to date and running an sa-update'd spamassassin
3.1.7

Add the sare rules (sepecially sare stocks) from www.rulesemporium.com

Fred's header rules help too.

Add the ImageInfo plugin from http://www.rulesemporium.com/plugins.htm
too.

These will all help push up Spamassassin scores to obviate the need for
FuzzyOcr.

Then install FuzzyOcr 3.4.2 from http://fuzzyocr.own-hero.net/ with all
its dependencies.  You'll need ocrad as well.

You will need to set focr_autodisable_score in FuzzyOcr.cf to a suitable
value so that FuzzyOcr doesn't attempt to scan emails already scored as
spam.

To catch the latest "artistic" stock spams you'll need to add the
scanset

  $ocrad -s5 -i $pfile

in FuzzyOcr.cf

Cheers,