log is flotting with messages

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Tue Nov 21 14:05:03 GMT 2006

On Tue, November 21, 2006 09:12, Glenn Steen wrote:
> (snip)
>> > Being slightly tipsy (yes, I *know* it's a Sunday, but we had the
>> > final (well...:-) performance with the choir today... And the usual
>> > post mortem/beer, snaps and sausages afterwards (Some Mendelssohn,
>> > Bainton and Vaughn Williams, for those interested in such:-),  can't
>> > say my precision is the best... Double-check everything with a
>> > MailScanner --help;-).
>> > IIRC (which is doubtful, considering my state:) you should run a
>> > "MailScanner --debug --debug-spamassassin" and send one message
>> > through. It'll output the debug info to the terminal you run it from,
>> > and then exit.
>
> Less tipsy today (more's the pity:-), and the command would be
> something like (after stopping MailScanner, of course)
> MailScanner --debug --debug-sa
> or look around for the more manual method (editing MailScanner.conf etc).

This I think has to be the next course of action (Debug not tipsy, that
comes afterwards :-) )

>> there
>> >
>> > Hm, Drew should chip in here:-).

Ooops, missed that one :-(

> Or some of you other postfixing freebsders:-).

But the OP is running Fedora Core6 not FBSD? However, never fear I am here
to try to add my typos and dodgy whit to the game :-)

<Snipped> Good grief this thread is hard to follow with posts after sigs
and all sorts ;-)

>> i ran the lint commants
>> spamassassin -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
>> output no problems

Good, but as which user?

>> MailScanner --lint
>> output:
>> Read 747 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
>> MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
>> MailScanner setting UID to  (89)

Has it been confirmed that this is the Postfix UID/ GID?

>> Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
>> Using SpamAssassin results cache
>> Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
>> perl: ldap-nss.c:1312: do_init: Bewering
>> `cfg->ldc_uris[__session.ls_current_uri] != ((void *)0)' mislukt.
>> Geannuleerd
>>
>> sorry output is dutch but vales at the last line's

<Snipped>

>> What does this mean.
>
> That that call didn't work:-).
> Hopefully someone with
> a) a better knowledge of FreeBSD, and
> b) more coffee in that persons system (I'm trying to cut back... 7
> mug-sized esspressos/day isn't good for me:-).

Perhaps a better question is; What is it trying to do? I am a little
bemused why MS is making this call...

Having read the port description here
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/net/nss_ldap/pkg-descr I guess
this is being for passwd/ group look ups, which fits with the Postfix user
issue that there seems to be. Not being a RH/ rpm user I don't know where
to look for this module but is it installed? I don't remember anything
like this is part of the MailScanner port in FBSD.

Drew