mailscanner is a lovely tool

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Mon Nov 20 15:57:35 GMT 2006

Ok, we've all had out opinions here on it, but he's not asking that.
Maybe his boss will fire him unless we point him the right direction
here; so now that we've all had our say, let's see if we can give him
some help.

I'm using my mailscanner as a smarthost for outbound email so I can sign
the messages with a boilerplate of legal junk...wasn't my idea, but I
had to do it anyway.  Why can't the sign clean functionality be used to
add this logo in?

It appears you'd just have to adjust inline.sig.html to have the logo in
there, no?

Julian sent out this recently to make it happen:
Sign Clean Messages = %rules-dir%/sign.clean.rules

In /etc/MailScanner/rules/sign.clean.rules, put something like this:

From: hisdomain.com yes

FromOrTo: default no

And then if you want to vary the signature per-domain for example, use
this

Inline HTML Signature = %rules-dir%/html.sig.rules Inline Text Signature
= %rules-dir%/text.sig.rules

and then in ..../rules/html.sig.rules