Block dictionary attackers?

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Nov 19 07:32:48 GMT 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, René Berber wrote:

> Res wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Furnish, Trever G wrote:
>>
>>> By "dictionary attackers" I mean a connecting server that attempts
>>> delivery to more than X invalid local recipients within a given
>>> timeframe, which is almost always evidence that the connecting server is
>>
>> define(`confBAD_RCPT_THROTTLE',`2')dnl
>>

>> I figure if they can't get it right in 2 attempts then they can go away
>
> They won't go away with throttle, it just puts a 1 second delay between tries.

I know it doesn't stop them dead immediately, but it slows em to the
point of stopping, or to the point that they are immaterial to the server
if they are persistent.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd