MailScanner miss several Regning.exe files

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Nov 17 22:21:43 GMT 2006

Martin Hepworth spake the following on 11/17/2006 1:11 AM:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Jan Elmqvist Nielsen spake the following on 11/16/2006 1:48 AM:
>>> The virus Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Nurech.h (kaspersky) comes as a exe
>>> file.
>>>
>>> I have to my horror notice that serveral of these mails with the exe
>>> file attached not have been stop!!!
>>>
>>> I using MailScanner ver. 4.54.6 with mailwatch
>>>
>>> Attached are 2 screen dumps
>>>
>>> /Jan Elmqvist Nielsen

>> Another reason to not allow exe files. Users need to zip them, or not
>> mail
>> them on my servers.
>>

> of course MS scans inside zip files as well - after a certain virus
> started spreading itself in them....

Nothing works as well as larting ... I mean educating users to the evils of
the internet.
Don't let your children go out after dark by themselves, and don't let your PC
touch the internet without adequate protection!

Maybe I need to change my tag line;
MailScanner ... like a condom for your e-mail server!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and