Debian users: anyone greylisting?

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Fri Nov 17 13:07:22 GMT 2006

 	At Julian's and other's fine subscribers suggestions I've been trying to
implement milter-gris on my Debian 3.1 box using sendmail as the MTA.
 	I downloaded libsnert-1.62.tar.gz and milter-gris-0.19.tar.gz from
snertsoft.com and ran into a bizarre version mis-match with makemap: milter-gris
claims the hash version of /etc/mail/access.db is unsupported.
 	I posted to the milter list, but the problem seems unique to the Debian
distribution, so I can't expect them to offer much help there.
 	I can't find makemap in the repository search at debian.org so I can't
tell what package provided it nor will man makemap allow me to determine its
version, so I'm stuck.
 	Is anyone out there using Debian and MS and sendmail *and* doing
greylisting? If so, what's the drill?
 	Google offers up "relaydelay" and it gets good coverage here:

http://www.thing.dyndns.org/debian/grey.htm

 	but milter-gris comes so highly recommended on this list that I wanted
to see if any other Debian user conquered the makemap goofiness.

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road