MailScanner miss several Regning.exe files

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Nov 16 16:45:17 GMT 2006

Jan Elmqvist Nielsen wrote:
> The virus Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Nurech.h (kaspersky) comes as a exe
> file.
>
> I have to my horror notice that serveral of these mails with the exe
> file attached not have been stop!!!
>
> I using MailScanner ver. 4.54.6 with mailwatch
>
> Attached are 2 screen dumps
>
> /Jan Elmqvist Nielsen

In your high scoring spam actions you have 'attachment,, store,
striphtml
That is, two commmas after attachment.  Don't know if that is having any
affect or not, but perhaps it's causing "unpredictable results" as they
say in the trade.

You might also want to enable the keep quarantine clean switch...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500