Outlook

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 13:06:44 GMT 2006

On 16/11/06, K Gilpin <kgilpin at lrgs.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Mailscanner installed with postfix.
> >
> > A client has been sending mails using out look.  Outlook has gone a bit
> wild
> > and has kept sending the same message to another person.
> > I have shutdown the machine.
> >
> > I have looked in /var/spool/postfix/incoming/ to get rid of any more out
> > going messages, they are all empty.
> >
> > Could would any one else know where to look to delete these out going
> > messages the user keeps getting.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> >From the logs, you should be able to see it the LookOut-using klient
> >is continually reconnecting to send that broken message. If so, start
> >by clearing it from the LookOut Outbox folder.
>
> >If it is the same postfix queue file that is stuck in the hold
> >directory, one might suspect that the queue file is somehow broken (in
> >a way undetectable to postfix)... Or perhaps it is MailScanner having
> >problems reading/understanding it. One solution here would be to
> >simply clear the queue file out (with rm).
> >BTW, what versions are you running (PF, MS, OL ...)?
>
> I have managed to sort it out thanks using the command postsuper -d ALL
>
> Cheers
>
> Kevin

I hope you stopped MailScanner (or at least postfix) before doing
that... The reason to use the hold queue is that the only other
processes that ever operates on it is manually calling postsuper... so
(since there is no locking) to ensure that the one doesn't interfere
with the other (postsuper and MailScanner) you need stop MailScanner
first... and (for some other reasons) postfix itself. And I suppose
you checked that there was no _other_ incoming mail in hold before
clearing it?

--
-- Glenn