Outlook

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 12:23:36 GMT 2006

On 16/11/06, K Gilpin <kgilpin at lrgs.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Mailscanner installed with postfix.
>
> A client has been sending mails using out look.  Outlook has gone a bit wild
> and has kept sending the same message to another person.
> I have shutdown the machine.
>
> I have looked in /var/spool/postfix/incoming/ to get rid of any more out
> going messages, they are all empty.
>
> Could would any one else know where to look to delete these out going
> messages the user keeps getting.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kevin
>
>From the logs, you should be able to see it the LookOut-using klient
is continually reconnecting to send that broken message. If so, start
by clearing it from the LookOut Outbox folder.

If it is the same postfix queue file that is stuck in the hold
directory, one might suspect that the queue file is somehow broken (in
a way undetectable to postfix)... Or perhaps it is MailScanner having
problems reading/understanding it. One solution here would be to
simply clear the queue file out (with rm).
BTW, what versions are you running (PF, MS, OL ...)?

--
-- Glenn