Massive queue buildup

Chandler, Jay chandler at chapman.edu
Wed Nov 15 04:58:18 GMT 2006

I've checked the log, and it seems reasonable.  I'm not seeing any
deferral messages.

Two relevant points:

1. The log with the crapton of messages in it is the Hold queue,
implying that MailScanner is the bottleneck for one reason or another.

2. Said queue was at 15K last night, this morning it was at 5K, so that
implies that a second box SHOULD allieviate the problem.

In theory.

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
Today's Excuse: Someone is standing on the ethernet cable, causing a
kink in the cable