clamav 0.88.5 problems?

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at pa.net
Tue Nov 14 20:22:15 GMT 2006

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Leland J. Steinke wrote:
>> Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
>>> Isn't it up to 88.6?
>>
>> Yes, but that was also the case last Friday, after I completed the
>> 0.88.5 upgrade.  The current problems didn't start until Monday morning.
>
> 0.88.5 was 'pulled' due a network/update issues.....hence why you're
> seeing the outdated I guess.
>
> 0.88.6 was released November 5th as a fix to these freshclam issues

Well, I upgraded to 0.88.6 and, for good measure, changed /tmp to a
tmpfs partition.  No difference.  We are not doing spam scanning on
these boxes (our outbound mail servers).

I found that clamav is taking 10-20 seconds to check eicar or any other
small files.  We do not do any special clamav signature files on these
servers.  The inbound mail servers that do spam-scanning and special
(MSRBL-Images.hdb) clamav signature files are not having any of these
issues (/me knocks wood).

If nobody else is seeing anything like this on similarly configured
servers (MS 4.56.8 with postfix running on dual PIII 500s with 512M RAM
on one server and single PIII 1266 with 1G RAM on the other), then I'll
just assume it's a hardware issue and we hit a performance bottleneck
over the weekend.

Leland