Massive queue buildup

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:39:25 GMT 2006

On 14/11/06, Chandler, Jay <chandler at chapman.edu> wrote:
> Time spamassassin -D --lint takes three point seven seconds-- I don't
> think that's where the holdup is occuring.
>
> Our DNS server is local and on the same netblock as the mailserver in
> question.
>
> We have a few RBLs at connecttime, but they seem to be holding up well.
>
> It's a bit of a stumper...

If this is SA 3.1.7, remember that the lint test doesn't actually run
any network tests anymore, so to get the real times, run a small
(real!) message through it with
spamassassin -t < /path/to/mail/file

My money is on this being slow RBLs or digest checks:-)... And you'll
likely not see any 3 seconds for those:-D

--
-- Glenn