Annoying!!!

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:29:12 GMT 2006

On 13/11/06, Rob Poe <rpoe at plattesheriff.org> wrote:
> >Why do you "catch all"? Reject unknown instead.
>
> Catch all, because it's used for family, but I use the rob-<something> prefix .. When I sign up for a site, i use a code that I know I used on each site .. makes it easier to filter out spam if/when the email address gets sold..

Yes, well... But you could do this without a catch-all, just some
forward planning... Generate a few extra aliases, is all. When you run
out, generate a few more...:-). Had pretty much the same effect,
without the downside of actually accepting all that bogus crap you
really don't want to bounce anyway... makes it possible to reject
unknowns...

--
-- Glenn