Massive queue buildup

Brent Addis brent.addis at pronet.co.nz
Mon Nov 13 23:48:07 GMT 2006

if you want to only check spamassassin (generally the slowest part with lots of rules) "time spamassassin -D --lint" is a good start. as long as your mailscanner.cf is in a reasonable place it should pick it up. If you keep an eye on where it seems to take a while, it should help you track down the problem.

Or, there is an option within mailscanner to turn on batch process time. I forget the name however its in the last quarter of the config somewhere.

are you running bayes? If you are, and its standard db files on the server, I would recommend migrating these to an sql server somewhere. This helped scan times a fair bit too. Another upside is this also means you can have multiple servers using the same db.

With RBL's, don't forget spamassassin also does RBL checking so make sure your not doing twice the lookups you need to.

100k a day should be fine on the hardware you have.