Mail Not Delivering

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Nov 13 23:24:31 GMT 2006

Glenn Steen spake the following on 11/13/2006 1:19 AM:
> On 13/11/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Glenn Steen wrote:
>>
>> > Nope, I think it has something to do with general understaffing and
>> > continually jumping from one hot spot to the next (networking
>> > (switches, firewalls, VPN GWs, RSA ACE etc etc), Unix admin (some
>> > hefty AIX boxes, a slew of Suns, a plethora of linuces), backup
>>
>> *snip* what are you a one man NOC ? surely you can delegate, but I
>> know if somthing f2#$#s up it still comes back down to me, thats why
>> competant engineers by my side are a must ;)
> The term there is _understaffed_;-). Then one becomes "key" to
> operations in oh so many ways. Sigh. We're leasing the needed people
> to delegate to, but... It's not the same as a fellow employee.
>
>> > The MX GWs with postfix/MailScanner/etc/etc is what _saves_ me time,
>> > more time to qmail (Q for quirky, right:) or snide^H^H^H^Hendmail if I
>>
>> We are shortly about to remove qmail from equation on all our virtual
>> domain boxes by using sendmail and cyrus, I'm sick to death of
>> spending 2 days
>> patching the usless peice of crap every time we want some other feature
>> thats defaultly in sendmail and has been in it for like 8 years or more.
>>
>> bernstein is right about one thing tho, qmail is secure, afterall how can
>> you exploit somthing that does nothing :D
>>
> Yep:-).

Understaffed and underpaid!
That is the sysop's theme song!
Lets all sing along!!!

It is so easy for my boss to give me 3 or 4 jobs, but I sure can't get payroll
to cut me 3 or 4 paychecks!!!!

I'll stop sniveling now! I'll just go beat my head against a server. :-/

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and