SA 3.1.7 returning no result to MS?

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 17:41:03 GMT 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Matt Kettler wrote:

> [...]
> Check your mail logs for messages along the lines of "SpamAssassin timed out and
> was killed"

There are a few "... was killed, failure <n> of 20" but they don't appear
near the emtpy SA returns, and although they build in series, the "<n>"
don't seem to reach anywhere near the "20".

There's nothing else nearby in the log that seems linked.  There are some
"SpamAssassin cache hit for message XXX" next to the failures, but that
same process both before after returns non-empty with such incidents (as
if these incidents are sporadic, rather than an MS process going long-term
bad/corrupt).

If someone who knows SA (3.1.7) or MS (4.56.8) internals can dream up some
debug/log statements, I'd be happy to try to patch them in and watch what
happens.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:                                           Durham University     :
:                                           Durham DH1 3LE        :