Mailwatch configuration for some servers

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 15:22:58 GMT 2006

On 10/11/06, Philippe BEAU <philippe at beau.nom.fr> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've try Mailwatch and find it very usefull. Also i found there is a lot
> of developpement to do on.
>
> i would like to found a documentation to install Mailwatch with 2
> mailscanners servers. Is anyone did it ?

Yes, Steve Freegard;-). Look in the mailwatch directory (created by
unpacking te tar-ball) for the file Remote_DB.txt ... Perhaps a bit of
a misnomer, but it is all you need (together with the normal install
doc) to setup multiple MailScanner gateways logging to one database,
but with quarantine etc distributed. Note that you need at least the
MailScanner config directory on the "frontend server", and at least a
skeleton install of MailWatch on each gateway (so that XML-RPC can
function)... And that it is rather important that the IP address <->
FQDN coupling is setup correctly for each machine.

> i have made a french version of mailwatch (if someone is interested) and i
> will plan to integrate this to my web interface

I think Denis or Ugo (or perhaps some other of our Canadian friends)
have done this too.
2.0 will have some facility builtin (the demos we've seen have used
automatic translation courtesy of Google or somesuch... rather
abominable, and lacking Swedish(!):-). We'll see where that lands.
Eventually:-).

--
-- Glenn