Bayes daily cron job

Integrated Technologies develop at in-tech.us
Fri Nov 10 05:13:12 GMT 2006

I am running the following:

CentOS 4.4

MailScanner 4.56.8-1

Spamassassin 3.0.6-1.el4

I currently have the parameter, "Rebuild Bayes Every = 0" set in my
MailScanner.conf file and would like to set up a daily cron job to expire
these old Bayes tokens.

I downloaded and printed the MailScanner Administrators Guide, Version
1.0.5. On page 64, it gives an example script for this exact requirement:

#! /bin/bash

# re-builds the Bayes database daily

   /usr/bin/sa-learn --sync --force-expire \

  -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

I placed the following script in my /etc/cron.daily folder and it is giving
me this error:

/etc/cron.daily/bayes.cron: line 4: -p: command not found

When I remove the -p switch, I receive the following error:

/etc/cron.daily/bayes.cron: line 4:
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf: Permission denied

Any help here would be appreciated.

My gratitude for your patience and time!

SRB