disabling Spam Check for sender reports

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:19:30 GMT 2006

On 08/11/06, Jason Kau <jkau at jasper.k12.ga.us> wrote:
> I apologize if this question has been asked before.
>
> I can't figure how to keep sender reports (i.e. Sender Content Report,
> Sender Bad Filename Report, etc.) generated by MailScanner being Spam
> Checked.  How do define a ruleset for "Spam Checks = " that excludes
> the sender reports given the envelope is not set in the sender report?
>   For example, the headers of a sender report look like:
>
> ================================
> From: "Jasper MailScanner" <postmaster at jasper.k12.ga.us>
> To: astokes at jasper.k12.ga.us
> Subject: Warning: Attachment stripped from email
> Date: Tue,  7 Nov 2006 10:58:10 -0500 (EST)
>
> This does not appear to match on "From: postmaster at jasper.k12.ga.us".
>
> Thank you for your help.

Likely the sender is the "empty sender" <> (as per RFC). And you
should definitely not try and whitelist that. Indeed, you shouldn't
whitelist using addresses alone, at all, period. They would be far to
easy to forge.
Use the IP address of the sending server instead.

Now, why do you _need_ these to be whitelisted?

--
-- Glenn