Outbound scanning checklist

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Tue Nov 7 15:59:38 GMT 2006

Hi,

	I will start filtering outbound traffic soon, and here is my checklist,
to share with you guys, and if someone has something to add, I'd be glad
to add it.  I'll post it on the wiki afterwards.

1- Get the list of IP addresses from which we'll receive outgoing e-mails

2- Allow relaying for these IP addresses

3- Disable DNSBL checks for theses IP addresses (if necessary)

4- Make sure your RDNS matches your HELO and that there is an A record
that matches the RDNS, matching the IP address

5- Check the SPF records for domains that will be used outbound

6- Create ruleset as desired/needed: filetype, filenaye, spam checks
(and always include SA report), content, virus

Did I forget anything?

Regards,

ugo